Advantage Rent a Car
In this review, we look more closely at Advantage Rent a Car, a Canadian company owned by Catalyst Capital Group Inc. headquartered in Orlando, Florida. The company’s parent organization is The Hertz Corporation, and E-Z Rent a Car is a subsidiary of Advantage.
As one of the largest rental car companies in the US, Advantage Rent a Car has forty-four conveniently located offices at some of the top travel airport locations throughout the US.
The company offers three loyalty rewards programs geared towards their different groups of clients, namely:
- Corporate Advantage, which offers 24/7 discounts for business clients with busy schedules.
- Expressway Program for business travelers provides rewards with every rental, bringing them a step closer to the next tier.
- Expressway Program for leisure travelers includes a free class upgrade or a free one-day rental just for signing up.
Even if you don’t travel a lot, these incentives makes Advantage Rent-a-Car worth a look.
Advantage promises a premium service, with clean and prepared new or almost new rental cars, ready and waiting for you when you arrive. You will receive the car you reserved at the quoted price.
Advantage Rent a Car has a handy mobile app available for Android on Google Play or Apple devices on the App Store.With this app, you can book your rental car faster from your device while taking advantage of additional savings. Simply search for and reserve your vehicle online. You will receive a real-time estimate when the vehicle will be ready. Apply promo codes to your order, and access customer support 24/7 from the app.
Advantage Rent a Car Options
Advantage Rent a Car boasts one of the newest rental fleets in the industry, with a range that includes:
- Compact 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Nissan Versa or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and two pieces of luggage.
- Compact 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Toyota Yaris 2-door or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for four passengers and two pieces of luggage.
- Standard 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as a VW Jetta or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and three pieces of luggage.
- Intermediate SUV Automatic with AC, such as the Toyota RAV4 or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and four pieces of luggage.
- Intermediate 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Kia Forte or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and three pieces of luggage.
- Full Size 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Toyota Camry or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and three pieces of luggage.
- Standard SUV Automatic with AC, such as the Hyundai Santa Fe or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and four pieces of luggage.
- Standard Convertible Automatic with AC, such as the Ford Mustang Convertible or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for four passengers and two pieces of luggage.
- Mini Pass Van Automatic with AC, such as the Kia Sedona or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for seven passengers and three pieces of luggage.
Advantage accepts all major credit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club International, Carte Blanche and American Express. The company charges a $200 deposit or authorization charge, regardless of the payment method used.
Advantage Rent a Car is one of the cheapest car rental companies, and they include all vehicle booking fees (premium location fee, corporate location fee, recovery fees, vehicle drop fees), taxes (including airport taxes) and surcharges, stated mileage, vehicle registration fees, and one-way rental fees in the quote. The quote excludes fuel, insurance and any extras, which as charged for as follows:
- Extra mileage, if your rental includes that, will be charged at $0.25 per mile over the limit.
- GPS, charged at approximately $19.95 per day, depending on location.
- Child seats or booster seats vary by location, but ranges from $9.99 plus surcharges and local tax to $49.95 per week.
- Additional drivers will pay an extra $12 per day.
- An age surcharge of $25 per day is levied against drivers aged between 21-24.
- E-Z Toll is available at a daily fee from most U.S. locations. E-Z Toll covers any toll charges you encounter and waive the attached administrative fees.
Some locations may also offer snow tires and ski racks for your convenience at $11.99 per day, however, chains are not available.
It is illegal to drive without insurance in the US. For that reason, if you wish to rent a car within a 65 mile radius of where you will be staying, you must present a round trip airline ticket for a flight leaving from the state in which you are renting the car.
If you don’t have an airline ticket and wish to rent a car, you must present written proof of comprehensive insurance cover and liability insurance that covers third party damage and injury in the event of a collision. Your insurance will be verified, and without adequate verification, the transaction will be declined.
You will be exempt from the local renter policy if you are on military leave, official government business, or if you have an approved CID number.
Advantage Rent a Car offers both collision damage waiver (CDW), Personal Accident Insurance (PAI),Personal Effects Coverage (PEC), and Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI). CDW is charged from $24.99 per day, depending on state law, and is not available to clients who pay upfront using debit cards, local renters and underage renters. If you fall into one of those categories, you will have to provide proof of full coverage insurance.
You must present a valid driver’s license, which is valid for the duration of the rental period, in order to rent a car from Advantage Rent a Car, and all other car rental services. If you are an international traveler, you must provide both a driver’s license from your country of residence and an International Driver’s License.
Some vehicles may require a third form of ID, in the form of a:
- Government-issued picture ID, such as a State Issued ID, Military ID, or valid passport.
- Airline ticket or boarding pass issued in the name of the renter arriving at the airport within the last 24 hours.
- Return airline ticket issued to the renter departing from the airport to which the vehicle is being returned.
- Acceptable debit card or charge card other than that being used for the rental.
- Current utility bill (not past due) issued to the name of the renter and matching the address on the driver’s license.
All renters as well as additional drivers must be 21 years of age or older and must hold a valid driver’s license as well as a major credit card issued in their own names. Additional drivers may be added at the time of rental, and must be present to sign the agreement and provide documentation. The rental agreement automatically covers authorized operators who are:
Employers, employees, fellow employees of the renter on company business (bookings must include Corporate Discount Numbers).
Spouses of renters in New York, California or Nevada.
Spouses, domestic partners, or partners in Vermont Civil Unions of members of Advantage Number One Club, including Number One Club Gold or Platinum.
There are no additional fees and authorized operators do not have to be present at the time of the rental.
Advantage Rent a Car Fuel Policy
When you rent a car from Advantage, you can opt for one of the following three refueling options:
FUEL NOW – With this option, you purchase a tank of gas from Advantage when you rent the vehicle. That means you can return the car with the bare minimum gas, and save yourself the hassle of refueling before you return it. However, Advantage will not issue a refund on any unused fuel.
FUEL LATER – Advantage can refuel on your behalf. This means that they will replace the fuel you used. A small service fee will be charged for this convenience, as well as the cost of the fuel, which is charged at a higher fee than what you would pay at the filling station.
SELF SERVE – With this option, you only pay for the gas you use, but you will have to refuel the tank within 10 miles of the return location immediate prior to returning it.
Have you already rented a car with Advantage Car Rental Review? leave a review in the comments section down below about your experience