About E-Z Rent A Car
E-Z Rent A Car was founded in 1994 in Orlando, Florida as a subsidiary for Advantage Rent a Car. The company currently services 143 countries around the world with locations in fourteen states throughout the US. The company aims to cover all highly-traveled US airport locations to provide the best discount and value possible to business and leisure travelers.
Our research has shown that E-Z Rent A Car offers competitive prices across their range of both economic and luxury car rentals. The company offers a convenient toll prepay option, but lacks the convenience of an online check-in option. Their cancellation policy is strict and the lack of widespread presence across the US can be a challenge for people who travel outside of big cities.
Let’s look into each of the elements you may need to be aware of when you want to rent a car from E-Z Rent A Car.
E-Z Rent A Car Prices
E-Z Rent A Car has some of the lowest prices in the industry, especially for smaller car classes. In fact, many companies charge two to three times the price E-Z Rent A Car does for economy vehicles. If you’re traveling on a budget, you should certainly consider E-Z Rent A Car.
Their prices on luxury cars are also lower priced than most competitors, so it is a great option if you’re looking to save on an impressive rental.
E-Z Rent A Car Options
E-Z Rent A Car offers the following rental options:
- Compact 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Nissan Versa or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and two pieces of luggage.
- Compact 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Toyota Yaris 2-door or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for four passengers and two pieces of luggage.
- Standard 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as a VW Jetta or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and three pieces of luggage.
- Intermediate SUV Automatic with AC, such as the Toyota RAV4 or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and four pieces of luggage.
- Intermediate 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Kia Forte or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and three pieces of luggage.
- Full Size 2/4 Door Automatic with AC, such as the Toyota Camry or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and three pieces of luggage.
- Standard SUV Automatic with AC, such as the Hyundai Santa Fe or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for five passengers and four pieces of luggage.
- Standard Convertible Automatic with AC, such as the Ford Mustang Convertible or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for four passengers and two pieces of luggage.
- Mini Pass Van Automatic with AC, such as the Kia Sedona or similar. This option has an automatic transmission and space for seven passengers and three pieces of luggage.
Some of the stand-out benefits offered by E-Z Rent A Car include the fact that they have equipped vehicles and handicap assistance, roadside assistance, and Plate Pass.
E-Z Rent A Car Locations
E-Z Rent A Car is available in fourteen US states, as well as Puerto Rico, which makes it a very small company compared to the big players we have reviewed so far.
Another drawback is that their locations are almost exclusively limited to airports. This is handy if you’re flying into one of the airports, but if you’re in need of a car to rent for a couple of days while your personal car is being shipped to you, this can be a bit inconvenient.
Airport locations means that you will need to arrange transport to get to and from the airport for both pick up and drop-off. E-Z Rent A Car does not offer this service.
E-Z Rent A Car Pricing Policy
E-Z Rent A Car offers great rates on their rental cars, and their quotes include all taxes, surcharges, airport taxes, vehicle registration fees, one-way fees (as applicable), and booking-related fees, such as corporate location fees, premium location fees, recovery fees and vehicle drop fees.
An airport access fee is payable for airport locations, and a daily Customer Facility Charge is imposed by the airport authority for the construction and maintenance of consolidated rental car facilities.
The quoted price will exclude fuel, mileage and insurance, as well as any local surcharges applicable to extras. Some of the extra equipment available for rent with your rental car include:
- Child seats or booster seats – approximately $10 per day
- GPS – approximately $12 per day
- Additional drivers – approximately $10 per day.
A surcharge of around $20-$30 is applicable to renters who are under the age of 25.
E-Z Rent A Car does not accept cash as payment on collection of the vehicle, but only upon return. The company accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club International and American Express credit cards that have a raised type that can be imprinted. Upon collection, the renter must pay a deposit of 30% of the estimated rental cost or $200 in the form of a credit card authorization.
Local renters who can provide a round trip airline itinerary or return airline boarding pass may pay by debit card bearing the Mastercard or Visa logo.
One of the snags with E-Z Rent A Car is that they charge a cancellation fee of $50. This is double what most companies that do charge a cancellation fee charge.
E-Z Rent A Car Rental Toll Fees
When you rent a car from E-Z Rent A Car Rental, you can opt into the EZTOL program at the time of pickup, and it is applied for the duration of your vehicle rental. That means that you will have the option to quickly by-pass unmanned toll booths. EZTOL is charged at a daily $6.99, inclusive of the price of tolls.
In the event that you do not accept EZTOL and a toll violation occurs during the rental period, you will be charged $25 per violation, plus the cost of the toll.
E-Z Rent A Car Insurance
It is illegal to drive without insurance. Travelers from abroad should consult their travel insurance policies to see whether their insurance provides sufficient coverage.
Some personal car insurance policies and credit cards in the US do provide rental car insurance, so it is important to consult your broker for more information.
E-Z Rent A Car Rental Conditions
E-Z Rent A Car has a few restrictions and regulations of which you should be aware. This includes rental terms and mileage restrictions.
- The minimum rental period is 1 day (24 hours) and the maximum is 28 days.
- Since rates are based on a daily fee, it is important to return the car before the twenty-four hours are up, or you will be charged for another day.
- A daily mileage cap applies to local renters, who will pay an extra $0.39 per mile exceeding the cap.
- Mileage caps are applicable to the following locations: ATL, DEN, DFW, FLL, IDR, LAS, LAX, MCO, MIA, RSW, SAN, SEA and TPA.
- Smoking is prohibited in all E-Z Rent A Car Rental vehicles. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged if the car is returned smelling of smoke from any source.
If you are running late, or need the car for another day or so, you may call to extend the rental, provided you secured the rental by credit card. In order to qualify, the specific credit card must have been authorized for 35% over the new estimated total. If you used a debit card for the transaction, or if there’s not enough of a limit to authorize it, you will have to visit the rental location to extend your rental contract.
E-Z Rent A Car Rental Collection and Return
E-Z Rent A Car has an online reservations website, but you cannot check in your car online. It is standard procedure for car rental companies that clients should check-in in person at the counter, but there are some car rental companies that offer this option.
You also have to return your rental vehicle in person. This is standard practice with car rental companies with airport locations. E-Z Rent A Car does not allow after hours drop-offs, and you cannot leave the keys in the car and avoid waiting in line. It is important to plan your return accordingly.
E-Z Rent A Car Rental Fuel Options
E-Z Rent A Car does not offer an on-site fuel discount. When renting a car from E-Z Rent A Car Rental, you have two fuel options available to you.
Prepaid Fuel – You may purchase this option at the rental counter when you rent the vehicle. With this option, you must return the vehicle with the same fuel level in which you received it.
Return Refueling – With this option, you must return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel in which you received it, or pay a return refueling fee. In order to avoid this fee, you must refuel within ten miles from the return facility and present the receipt of purchase upon returning the car to the facility.
Have you already rented a car with E-Z Rent A Car Review? leave a review in the comments section down below about your experience