Who is Enterprise Rent-a-Car?
When you work with Enterprise, you can rest assured that the company does all it can for the environment and the people. Enterprise was started in 1957 and has always had a big heart for strengthening the communities in which their customers and their employees work and live. As such, the company always gets involved in many charitable causes, such as the Red Cross Disaster Giving Program, Fill Your Tank, Routes and Roots, the 50 Million Tree Pledge, Habitat for Humanity and more. Enterprise also established the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Institute for Renewable Fuels, a research unit in the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center. The initiative seeks to create alternative fuel technologies using bioenergy grasses, algae and oilseed crops.
The company’s shuttle buses also run on cleaner fuels.
In 2005, the company launched CarShare. Over the years, the company acquired businesses such as PhillyCarShare (PCS) in Philadelphia, and then Mint Cars-on-Demand in New York City and Boston. In the spring of 2013, the company introduced Enterprise CarShare and shortly after acquired IGO CarSharing. Enterprise CarShare officially launched its services in Washington, D.C., and expanded its operations to Denver and Toronto with the acquisition of Occasional Car and AutoShare.
Today, Enterprise CarShare is available across 35 States in the US, the UK and Canada, servicing more than 500 business accounts, 40 dedicated government programs and 130 university campuses.
Enterprise Car Rental owns more than 1.5 million vehicles, which means that you should always find a suitable car rental at your nearest location. The US is a popular destination for national and international travelers alike, with so much to do and see. Whether you’re traveling alone, with family, friends or colleagues, Enterprise has the perfect option for you. Choose from a range of luxury sedans, full size or economy cars to provide the style, comfort, space and fuel-efficiency you desire from fifteen car classes, including:
- Economy (Mitsubishi Mirage or similar) seats four passengers with two bags.
- Compact (Nissan Versa or similar) seats five passengers with two bags.
- Intermediate (Hyundai Elantra or similar) seats five passengers with three bags.
- Standard (Volkswagen Jetta or similar) seats five passengers with four bags.
- Full Size (Ford Fusion or similar) seats five passengers with four bags.
- Premium (Nissan Maxima or similar) seats five passengers with four bags.
- Premium Special (Chrysler 300 or similar) seats five passengers with five bags.
- Luxury (Cadillac XTS of similar) seats five passengers with four bags.
- Convertible (Ford Mustang or similar) seats four passengers with two bags.
- Standard Elite (Mercedes Benz CLA or similar) seats five passengers with two bags.
- Full size Elite (Infiniti Q50 or similar) seats five passengers with five bags.
- Premium Elite (BMW 5 Series or similar) seats five passengers with four bags.
- Standard Hybrid (Toyota Prius or similar) seats five passengers with three bags.
- Full Size Hybrid (Ford Fusion Hybrid or similar) seats five passengers with three bags.
- Sporty (Dodge Challenger or similar) seats five passengers with two bags.
- Intermediate Electric (Nissan LEAF or similar) seats five passengers with two bags.
Enterprise also has an exotic car collection with a selection of late model high-end exotic sports cars, SUVs and sedans from the top manufacturers in luxury vehicles. When you’re ready to impress, choose from a range of no-holds barred luxury vehicles, such as Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Cadillac, Bentley, Ferrari, Dodge, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lexus, Range Rover, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, and Volvo.
When it comes to multi-day rentals, Enterprise offers slightly cheaper than average rates, and their daily rentals work out approximately $20 cheaper than the average for other car rental companies. It certainly presents the most value for money if you’re renting a car for a few days only.
Although rates differ by location, car type, and other factors, typical fees are as follows:
Approximately $67 for a 1-day and $288 for a one-week rental of an economy car.
Approximately $68 for a 1-day and $297 for a one-week rental of a compact car.
Approximately $76 for a 1-day and $335 for a one-week rental of a full-size car.
Enterprise charges $12 per additional driver.
When you rent a car from an airport location, you should be prepared to pay approximately 10% extra due to concession charges. For that reason, it is suggested that you choose a non-airport location instead.
Enterprise offers four car rental options for your convenience, namely:
Short-term car rental – If you’re looking for a car for a few hours, a day or a week, take advantage of Enterprise for great weekend car rental rates. Ideal for a business trip or a weekend adventure with a group of friends or family, or to get around while your personal car is in for a service, this option allows you to go green with electric or hybrid cars, enjoy the sunshine in a convertible, or impress with a sporty or premium elite car. Taking the crew to a sports event or to the beach? Choose an SUV or a minivan to fit them all in, along with their equipment and luggage. They offer a pick-up service for non-airport locations, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance.
One-way car rental – Doing a one-way trip across the city or even the country? With Enterprise, you can pick up a car at one of the many locations, and drop it off at another location. That means you no longer have to waste time returning the car to the original pickup location.Whether you’re moving, faced with an airline cancellation or delay, or whether your trip changed at the last minute, one-way car rentals offer a practical solution. Please check with the company to find out about participating branches.
Long-term car rental – If you need a car for a month or more, you can rent the perfect mobility solution from Enterprise Rent-a-Car. The company promises great rates, a pickup service and 24-hour roadside assistance. Unlike a lease vehicle, Enterprise’s month-or-more rentals can be cancelled at anytime without a penalty.
CarShare – Enterprise Rent-a-Car offers a unique option to save on the costs and responsibilities of car ownership with the exclusive CarShare club. With low rates starting from $8 an hour, you can enjoy the benefits of having a car available whenever you need to run errands.
Business car rental – Enterprise offers a range of exotic vehicles and trucks to help your business make a professional impression without having to own an extensive fleet of vehicles.
Enterprise CarShare is particularly useful for short-term car rentals. When you require a car for a few hours, or just overnight, this option is perfect. Enterprise has cars parked around many communities for hourly rentals. These CarShare vehicles include electric cars, sedans, pickup trucks, and hybrids, and they are available 24/7, as is the member service. Your CarShare rental includes free fuel. All you need to do is use the prepaid fuel card inside the car to top up the tank when there’s only a quarter left.
In addition to fuel, the CarShare package also includes liability and physical damage protection. Each level of the program has a different level of protection, so review the details on your details page.
Enterprise also caters to clients with disabilities. In fact, disabled individuals who don’t have driver’s licenses but wish to rent a car with Enterprise can nominate a designated driver at no additional fee. Also, the company provides a range of mobility devices such as pedal extenders, hand controls and spinner knobs, again, at no extra fee. Naturally, the company will require a minimum of two business days to provide mobility device equipped vehicles.
Another option for wheelchair bound individuals, is the company’s range of lift-equipped vans.
The company offers an exclusive Enterprise Plus rewards program. The program is free to join and you earn points for every dollar spent on qualified rentals when you book through Enterprise (and not through partners). You must earn 400 points to qualify for a free day of car rental. Unlike many other companies, Enterprise allows you to transfer points to other Plus members.
The rewards program has several tiers:
- Silver level – You achieve Silver after six rentals. You will receive ten percent bonus on your spending and qualify for one car upgrade per year.
- Gold level – You achieve Gold after 12 days of forty days of car rental. You will earn a fifteen percent bonus on your spending and receive two free car upgrades per year.
- Platinum level – You will earn Platinum status after twenty-four rentals, or eighty-five days of car rental. At this level, you will receive twenty percent bonus points and four free vehicle updates per year.
Don’t despair if you don’t regularly rent cars. You can still take advantage of member benefits such as expedited checkout and other exclusive member offers by joining the rewards program and points are transferable.
Enterprise Rent-a-Car offers a range of insurance products that are available with your car rental, including:
- Damage Waiver (DW) – When you purchase this product, Enterprise agrees to waive your responsibility for costs of damage, theft or loss to the vehicle, subjects to the rental agreement.
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) and Personal Effects Coverage (PEC) – PAI provides additional benefits in the event of accident medical, ambulance or accidental death of you or your passengers while the PEC cover insures the personal effects of the renter and his or her immediate family.
- Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) – This third party liability protection may duplicate your existing personal insurance policies or other coverage.
- Roadside Assistance Protection (RAP) – With this coverage, Enterprise will waive your financial responsibility for roadside incidents such as fuel outages, lockouts and lost keys.
Some auto insurance, home insurance and credit card providers already offer some or all of these types of protection. Check with your existing providers whether you need to buy supplemental insurance when you hire a car from Enterprise.
Enterprise Car Rental offers more than 7,600 locations in 85 countries and territories, including Canada, Africa and the Middle East, Asia and Pacific, The Americas, and Europe.
Have you already rented a car with Enterprise Car Rental Review? leave a review in the comments section down below about your experience