Boredom and Los Angeles should never be used in the same sentence and in the following post we look at what are some things to do in Los Angeles, California—if you have a car!
If you rent a car when you visit the second largest city in the U.S., you are able to experience its many attractions and activities at your own pace. Car Rental Reviews will help you find the perfect ride for your next visit to The City of Angels
Why it is a Good Idea to Rent a Car in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles,California is a bucket list world city, but what are some things to do in Los Angeles? This sprawling urban metropolis is creative, diverse, and bursting at the seams with culture, personality, and opportunities to explore nature.
The City of Flowers and Sunshine truly has something to please everyone. It does not really matter whether you are there for the glitz of Hollywood, the upmarket bars and boutiques, rugged mountain hikes and other natural wonders or for the golden beaches glowing under the gaze of ten million palm trees, the fun things to do in Los Angeles California never stop.
As with any large city, the most difficult part of your planning is not going to be figuring out how to find things to do in a city that is ten times the size of Paris; but how to find the time to do and see as much as possible – and that’s why you need to rent a car. Let Car Rental Review help you find the perfect holiday/or business vehicle while you are there.
Rental Car Lost and Found Items: The Weird and the What to Do is a great post to read before you rent your next car, which will obviously be the first thing you do when you land at LAX.
Top Things to do in LA
Rent a Car. Let’s take care of the car rental details before we move onto the fun stuff. If you want to really experience the vibe, rent a car in Los Angeles and cruise Hollywood in a luxury car rental. With a flashy Ferrari or a mean Mercedes, you’ll be right at home.
What are things to do when it rains in Los Angeles? On average the city gets less than 15 inches of rain per year, but its better to be prepared, so keeping this in mind, what is there to do when it rains in LA?
- Griffith Observatory
- Universal Studios
- Getty Villa
- Go to a museum, the choices are endless
- Retail Therapy, cause who needs a better reason to shop?
If you plan to stay in Los Angeles for a long time, you can save money by renting a car on a monthly basis. Just passing through? A one-way rental is also available.
To keep you alert and physically tuned while in LA, try some Car Yoga Poses and Stretches for Your Next Road Trip.
What are Once in a Lifetime Things to do In Los Angeles?
The city of Los Angeles is so full of attractions that it would be impossible to see them all in one trip. I have put together a short list of ideas and things that you may only ever get to do once in your life, so check out a few of the bucket list activities below:
- Embrace Pier Pressure – Santa Monica, the end of Route 66, Ferris Wheels and trapeze. Need we say more.
- Join the Paparazzi – there is nowhere in the world where you have more chance of bumping into someone famous, say cheese and get that selfie with De Nero or The Rock!
- Insta-dream – if you haven’t posted anything on Facebook or Insta while in LA, were you really there?
- Disneyland – the ultimate bucket list venue for children of all ages.
- Take to the LA air – Can you think of anything better than seeing it all from the sky?
Return a Rental Car to a Different Location: Is that allowed? So you wanna go on a road trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco and then fly home? This post answers your question.
Things to do in a Car in LA
You could race through the LA streets at 100mph, while knocking down pedestrians and avoiding law enforcement, or you could turn off GTA5 on your XBox, get into your rental car that you managed to get at a fantastic price through Car Rental Reviews, and escape into the reality of LALA Land…
The city of Los Angeles covers nearly 500 square miles, but it’s actually composed of several separate cities, including Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Santa Monica and renting a car is definitely the most convenient way to get around.
|Driving in LA: Avoid rush hour for the fastest commute. Weekdays: 7 to 10 am, and between 3 and 7 pm.|
Try not to be overwhelmed by the sheer size of LA – a GPS will help you negotiate with confidence, you do not want to get stuck in a wrong lane on an eight lane highway now.
- Make Los Angeles the end or start of your epic road trip. This is particularly handy if you’re a student looking for a gap hear travel idea.
- Visit a car show such as the LA Auto Show held in November at the LA Convention Center.
- Many of LA’s auto museums house vehicles from TV and film, and many famous stars’ cars are still owned by the studios that used them, and they can be seen during studio tours.
- Speedway and stock car driving experiences.
- Rent a luxury car. You can rent a luxury car for your Los Angeles stay if you don’t want to just admire antique cars in a museum. Whatever you might take a fancy to Lambo, Tesla or Ferrari, you’ll find a vehicle that turns heads on the coast or in LA traffic.
Things to do in LA in a Rental: Its a Wrap
Do you know that the best things to do in Los Angeles are the ones you are already doing? Therefore, even if you aren’t sure what to do in LA, you can at least rely on Car Rental Reviews to book your California ride. We are happy to assist you in finding a ride that suits your needs.